I have attended Informatica interview last week in wipro and couple of other companies, Question below I faced in those companies.
1. What are the main issues while working with flat files as source and as targets ?
2. Explain about Informatica server process that how it works relates to mapping variables?
3. write a query to retrieve the latest records from the table sorted by version(scd)
4. How do you handle two sessions in Informatica
5. which one is better performance wise joiner or look up
6. How to partition the Session?
7. How many types of sessions are there in informatica.please explain them.
8. Explain the pipeline partition with real time example?
9. Explain about cumulative Sum or moving sum?
10. CONVERT MULTIPLE ROWS TO SINGLE ROW (MULTIPLE COLUMNS) IN INFORMATICA
11. DEPLOYMENT GROUPS IN INFORMATICA
12. LOAD LAST N RECORDS OF FILE INTO TARGET TABLE - INFORMATICA
13. LOAD ALTERNATIVE RECORDS / ROWS INTO MULTIPLE TARGETS - INFORMATICA
14. SCHEDULING OPTIONS OF INFORMATICA ETL TOOL WORKFLOWS / JOBS
15. HOW TO CREATE USER DEFINED FUNCTION (UDF) IN INFORMATICA
16. PUSHDOWN OPTIMIZATION $PUSHDOWNCONFIG PARAMETER - INFORMATICA
17. PUSHDOWN OPTIMIZATION AND TYPES IN INFORMATICA
18. HOW TO LOAD ROWS INTO FACT TABLE IN DATA WAREHOUSE
19. PMCMD COMMAND USAGE IN INFORMATICA
20. DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STOP AND ABORT IN INFORMATICA
21. GENERATE DATE / TIME DIMENSION IN INFORMATICA
22. INFORMATICA ARCHITECTURE TUTORIAL - VERSION 8 / 9
23. TUNING LOOKUP TRANSFORMATION - INFORMATICA
24. LOOKUP TRANSFORMATION IS ACTIVE - INFORMATICA
25. CREATING LOOKUP TRANSFORMATION - INFORMATICA
26. CONNECTED AND UNCONNECTED LOOKUP TRANSFORMATION - INFORAMTICA
27. LOOKUP TRANSFORMATION SOURCE TYPES IN INFORMATICA
28. LOOKUP TRANSFORMATION IN INFORMATICA
29. TARGET UPDATE OVERRIDE - INFORMATICA
30. UPDATE STRATEGY TRANSFORMATION IN INFORMATICA
31. SQL QUERY OVERWRITE IN SOURCE QUALIFIER - INFORMATICA
32. How to generate sequence numbers without using the sequence generator transformation?
33. REUSABLE VS NON REUSABLE & PROPERTIES OF SEQUENCE GENERATOR TRANSFORMATION
34. How to load the data from a flat file into the target where the source flat file name changes daily?
35. DIRECT AND INDIRECT FLAT FILE LOADING (SOURCE FILE TYPE) - INFORMATICA
36. I have a flat file, want to reverse the contents of the flat file
37. Which means the first record should come as last record and last record should come as first record and load into the target file?
38. MAPPING VARIABLE USAGE EXAMPLE IN INFORMATICA
39. TRANSACTION CONTROL TRANSFORMATION IN INFORMATICA
40. How to load the name of the current processing flat file along with the data into the target using informatica mapping?
41. JOINER TRANSFORMATION IN INFORMATICA
42. How to create or implement slowly changing dimension (SCD) Type 2 Effective Date mapping in informatica/Flagging mapping in informatica/visioning mapping in informatica?
43. RANK TRANSFORMATION IN INFORMATICA
44. How to create different types of slowly changing dimensions (SCD) in informatica using the mapping wizard?
45. CONSTRAINT BASED LOADING IN INFORMATICA
46. SQL TRANSFORMATION IN SCRIPT MODE EXAMPLES - INFORMATICA
47. How to generate or load values in to the target table based on a column value using informatica etl tool.
48. DYNAMIC TARGET FLAT FILE NAME GENERATION IN INFORMATICA
49. INCREMENTAL AGGREGATION IN INFORMATICA
50. WHAT IS INFORMATICA POWERCENTER
51. What is the need of an ETL tool
52. INFORMATICA PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT TIPS
53. What is polling?
54. In which circumstances, informatica server creates Reject files?
55. What are the data movement modes in informatica?
56. Define mapping and session?
57. Can u generate reports in Informatica?
58. What is metadata reporter?
59. What is the default source option for update strategy transformation?
60. What is Data driven?
61. What are the tasks that source qualifier perform?
62. What is the default join that source qualifier provides?
63. What are the basic requirements to join two sources in a source qualifier transformation using default join?
64. What are the differences between joiner transformation and source qualifier transformation?
65. What are the limitations of joiner transformation?
66. What are the settings that you use to configure the joiner transformation?
67. What are the join types in joiner transformation?
68. What are the joiner caches?
69. What is the look up transformation?
70. Why use the lookup transformation?
71. What are the types of lookup transformation?
72. What is meant by lookup caches?
73. What are the types of lookup caches?
74. Which transformation should we use to normalise the COBOL and relational sources?
75. In which transformation you cannot drag ports into it?
76. How the informatica server sorts the string values in Rank transformation?
77. What are the rank caches?
78. What is the Rank index port in Rank transformation?
79. What is the Router transformation?
80. What are the types of groups in Router transformation?
81. What are the types of data that passes between informatica server and stored procedure
82. What is the status code in stored procedure transformation?
83. What is the target load order?
84. While importing the relational source definition from the database, what are the metadata of source that will be imported?
85. How many ways a relational source definition can be updated and what are they?
86. To import the flat file definition into the designer where should the flat file be placed?
87. To provide support for Mainframes source data, which files are used as a source definitions?
88. Which transformation is needed while using the Cobol sources as source definitions?
89. How to create or import flat file definition in to the warehouse designer?
90. What is a mapplet?
91. What is a transformation?
92. What are the designer tools for creating transformations?
93. What are active and passive transformations?
94. What are connected or unconnected transformations?
95. How many ways are there to create ports?
96. What are the reusable transformations?
97. What are the methods for creating reusable transformations?
98. What are the unsupported repository objects for a mapplet?
99. What are the mapping parameters and mapping variables?
100. Can we use the mapping parameters or variables created in one mapping into another mapping?
101. Can we use the mapping parameters or variables created in one mapping into any other reusable transformation?
102. How can we improve session performance in aggregator transformation?
103. What is aggregate cache in aggregator transformation?
104. What is an active transformation?
105. What is a passive transformation?
106. What is a connected transformation?
107. What is an unconnected transformation?
108. What are multi-group transformations?
109. List out all the transformations which use cache?
110. What is blocking transformation?
111. How do you promote a non-reusable transformation to reusable transformation?
112. How to create a non-reusable instance of reusable transformations?
113. Which transformation can be created only as reusable transformation but not as non-reusable transformation?
114. As union transformation gives UNION ALL output, how you will get the UNION output?
115. What are the guidelines to be followed while using union transformation?
116. Why union transformation is an active transformation?
117. What is a transaction control transformation?
118. What is the commit type if you have a transaction control transformation in the mapping?
119. What are the different transaction levels available in transaction control transformation?
120. What is a sorter transformation?
121. Why sorter is an active transformation?
122. How to improve the performance of a session using sorter transformation?
123. How to generate sequence numbers using expression transformation?
124. Design a mapping to load the cumulative sum of salaries of employees into target table?
125. Design a mapping to get the pervious row salary for the current row. If there is no pervious row exists for the current row, then the pervious row salary should be displayed as null.
126. Design a mapping to load a target table with the following values from the above source?
127. What is Data Caches size?
128. What is Index Caches size?
129. Difference between Data and Index Caches?
130. Difference between Dynamic and Static Lookup Cache?