You can alter or override the default query in the mapping by entering SQL override in the Properties settings in the Sources qualifier. You can enter any SQL statement supported by the source database.
Overriding the SQL Query
You can override the SQL query for a relational source.
To override the default query for a relational source:
1. In the Workflow Manager, open the session properties.
2. Click the Mapping tab and open the Transformations view.
3. Click the Sources node and open the Properties settings.
4. Click the Open button in the SQL Query field to open the SQL Editor.
5. Enter the SQL override.
6. Click OK to return to the session properties.