Pivot table view to take row, column, section headings and swap them around to obtain different perspectives. You can drag and drop headings to pivot results, preview them, and apply the settings. Users can navigate through pivot tables and drill down into information. Users can create complex pivot tables that show aggregate and nonrelated totals next to the pivoted data, allowing for flexible analysis. For an interactive result set, elements can be placed in pages, allowing users to choose elements.Steps to implement pivot table view
- Add dimension table - columns and must have one fact table logical measure column.
- Pivot view is a view which defines the values according to the dimension.
- It defines the columns and rows of the values.
- Can swap the columns in different perspective.
- Aggregate values can display using this pivot table view
- Add two or more columns with one fact table column (measurable).
- Click on result, to view the format in compound layout
- We have the filter option to filter and can give some condition for the particular values.
- For ex , I am going to implement 2 dimension columns and one fact table column and one period dimension column, filtering for current year.
- Click result to view the data’s in pivot table view.
- Click on edit to view the pivot table layout
- Rows and columns , measures will look seperated in the pivot table
- Pivot table prompts which is used to see the drag down of list of values for the particular columns
- Draging the “acc_desc” column to pivot table prompts, to see the list of description values.
- Pivot table prompts , which is used to reduce the rows and to retrievew the data very soon
- Sections which is used to see the data according to the particular desription values, as show as paragraph details.
- Exclude one column and moved one column to “sections” , and one column in ‘column’side and one measure column in ‘ measure’ side
- In pivot table view we can swap the columns @ different perspective to get the output as different view.
- Using the edit more option menu , can color and modify the report heading names, size, and the values fit to the table.
- In the measures – measure column, edit option has,
1. format heading – which is used to edit the heading the column name
2. format values – which is used to edit the values
3. show Data as – which is used to show the values as ‘values’,’percent of’,’index of’
4. Aggregation rule – which is used to calculate the measure values as different functions are
Sum, min, max,Average, first, last, Count, count distinct,none..
5.Display as running sum – which is used to calculate the values according filters and condition @ running time of the report.
6. Duplicate layer – which is used to make duplicate copy of the same column, to use the column more than one time for different condition and in various perspective on the same report.
7. Remove column – which Is used to remove the column from all perspective view of the report.
19. Pivot table content properties, which is used to set the style, color format for the pivot table overview. By click on the icon, you will get the edit content properties options.
20. On the pivot table layout, Rows – click on summation button to calculate the total values according to the column of measure values, options to show the total values as in row format.
None – which shows no totals
Before – which shows the total value as in row format before the rows
( At the top first row it shows the grant total value)
After – which shows the grant total value at the end of the row.
Format labels and format values which is used to edit the content heading and values
21. As per row edit content properties , column edit properties also have the same options
22. Click on none it will show, no total values
23. Click on before , it shows the grant total values before the original column.
24. Click on after , it shows the grant total values after the actual column.