1) Enable write back instanceconfig.xml file.
2) Open instanceconfig.xml file, under <DSN> tab enter the following tag.<LightWriteback>true</LightWriteback>
3) Enable writeback for logical columns.
4) Open rpd in offline/online and in the BMM layer expand products logical table, double click on PROD_DESC and then in general tab make it as "Writable".
5) Set writeback permissions in presentation layer.
6) Go to presentation layer of rpd expand product table and then double click on prod desc, click on permissions make this column as Read/Write for user "BI Author"
7) Set execute direct database request permission
8) Go to manage --> Identity, click on Application roles, double click on BI Author --> Permission, Select execute direct data base request "Allow".
9) Disable the cache for physical tables.
10) Double click on SAMP_PROD_D in physical layer, disable the cacheable option, click on OK. Double click on D2 Product, click on unselect Override source table and cacheable.
11) Restart the BI services(After loading rpd in Enterprise manager).
12) Grant write back privileges to Users/Roles.
13) Logon to presentation services --> Administration --> Manage privileges and scroll to the end for "Writeback to database" property and click on Denied:Authenticated user --> Granted: to Authenticated user.
14) Click on OK.
15) Create an analysis with the following columns and enable them for Write back: Prod key, prod Desc
16) From product desc select column properties click on "Write Back" tab, select enable write back increase column width to 30.
17) Click on ok.
18) Save this analysis as write back_report1.
19) Create and store write back XML template.
20) Navigate to the following path. <Installed Drive>\BIHome\Instance\Instance1\bifoundation\ OracleBIPresentationservicescomponent\coreapplication_obips1\analytics\Res
21) Here create New folder by name "CustomMessages", Open this folder and go to Start --> Run --> Notepad and click on Ok.
22) Enter the following xml code into notepad.
<XML version ="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<WebMessageTable lang="en-us" system = "writeback" table= "messages">
<WriteBack ConnectionPool="Connection pool">
UPDATE SAMP_PRODUCTS_D SET PROD_DESC='@2' WHERE PROD_KEY=@1
23. Save the file as wb_product_name.xmlin the above given path.
24.Enable write back in table view.
25.Go back to answers, open the report which we have saved.
26.Go to table view, Click on edit view.
27.Click on table view properties, select write back tab, select Enable write back and give name as wb_product_name (make sure no.xml extension). Click on OK, done.
28. Save the analysis.
29.Click on "How it appears on dashboard"
30.Click on Update.
31. Now we can notice prod_desc column made as writable.
32.Change a perticular value. For example Install as Install 1234, Click on Apply and Done.
33. Check the updation in database (sqlplus).
34. Slect prod_key, prod_desc from samp_products_d where prod_key=14.
35. ECID -->Execution context ID
36. Every client "transaction" is assigned an execution context ID (ECID)
37. Log entries are "stamped' with ECID, to enable tracing across components.
38. Can be seen in plain text in log files, searched for using log viewer.