Action links will help us to provide guided navigation link to external web agent and revoke web service
Web service: A web service is a method of communication between two electronic devices over the web.
Enabling BI Navigation:
· Add on inline Action link to a column in an analysis which navigates to another analysis in Oracle BI.
· After testing the inline action link and saving the analysis you save the action link as named Action link in the presentation catalog.
Add an Action link to analysis:
· Notice you also have an option to replace the current action in the action link with a reference to named action, so that any sub sequent changes to named.
· Create the following analysis:
· Company, Brand, Revenue and save this as " Revenue by Company"
· With the help of Action links, We can navigate to other BI component (Analytics or Dashboard page)
· Open Revenue by company report and go to Criteria tab.
· From company column click on column properties.
· Select interaction tab and select "Action Links" as value from value section. Click on add action link(+).
· you can either create new action or select existing action.
· Click on create new action.
· click on select Navigate to BI component.
· Select on any report you saved earlier.
· Click on OK and Click on Ok (We can save that Action link Click on More >>).
· If you want you can add one more action link, you can also specify the option to display "Always" or "Conditionally".
· Clickon results and save the analysis.
· Click on any value for company column, you should be able to see pop up of links.
· Select any one of action link and you should be able to navigate to any one of the content.
· Note: At the time of defining action links you have an option whether to display action link always or conditionally. If you specify a condition for the target BI content and if it retrieves at least one record then only the action link will appear in the column value of the report.