· From the Business model, select parent child hierarchy.
· Provide the name as staff(parent-child)
· From the member_key, Click on Browse and select "sales"."Dim staff"."Dim_staff_parent_child_key".
· From the parent key, click the browse and select"sales"."Dim staff"."managerId".
· Next you will define the closure table taht will resolve the parent child hierarchy in your data.
· Click on the parent child settings.
· Click on create parent child relation ship.
· The generate parent child relationship table script location dialog will then be displayed. On this first page, type following values:
DDL script to create parent child relationship table:
DDL script to populate parent child relationship table:
· Click on Next.
· The generate parent child relationship table_parent_child relationship table dialog will then be displayed.
· Provide a name as staff_closure_train
· Leave the remaining value as it is.
· Click on Next.
· Review the script.
· Click on Finish.
· Now go to sql prompt.
· sql>prompt and execute the following two scripts.
· sqlplus gcbc_sales/password
· Note: you should receive the message pl/sql procedure successfully completed after each command is submitted.
· Enclosure that the commit is done with out fail.
· Else the reports on hierarchy columns will not produce any data.
· Now go back to Administration Tool. Click on OK and OK again. Close the Parent child hierarchy window.
· Now navigate to staff(parent-child) hierarchy and you should be able to see total level and detail level.
· Drag and drop Dim staff from BMM to Presentation.
· Expand Dim staff and double click on staff hierarchy,
· Click on display columns tab, delete staff ID.
· Add staff name.
· Save repository.
· Close rpd.
· To test ragged and skipped level hierarchy, add :stores(hier) and sales amount.
· To test parent child add:staff(hier) and salesamount.