1. A common use of alias is to use the table or column to play simultaneously for several times.
2. A single dimension appears more than one time for more purpose.
3. OBIEE does not support Circular join in BMM layer, so we can overcome from this problem by creating alias table for one of the table in that circular join.
4. OBIEE does not support self join, so we can overcome from this problem by creating alias table.
5. If a fact table having relationship with dimension table on more than one key, then we can create aliases for the dimension table, then we can join fact table to these alias table on different keys.
1. Right click on the Physical layer of the table, New objectà Alias.
2. Give the name of the alias , automatically it assigns the columns of the physical table
3. Even it inherits all the properties of the physical table.
Screen shots for your reference: