It is a window based client using catalog manager we can deploy web catalog in two ways.
Offline catalog deployment:
1) Open catalog manager.
Start --> all programs --> oracle business intelligence --> catalog manager.
2) File menu --> open catalog.
3) Type: offline.
4) Path: E:/BI11g/instances/instance1/bifoundation/oracle BI presentation services component/core application-obips1/catalog/B150 --> ok
5) Similarly open another instance of catalog manager & open B149 catalog in offline mode.
6) Expand folders & select whatever you want to deploy -->Rt click --> copy --> paste into another catalog required folder.
7) Start target oracle BI presentation server.
Online catalog deployment:
First two steps are same.
UN: web logic
iv. Password: *******123
v. Similarly open another instance of catalog manager in online mode.
vi. Copy & paste.
Deploying catalog is recommended in offline another advantages of catalog manager:
1. Deployment as per above.
2. Back up of web catalog.
4. Web catalog documentation.
Open catalog in catalog manager either in offline or online mode --> select whatever reports we want --> file menu --> archive --> point to desktop & give name as B147 --> ok.
Some reason by mistake if we delete any of the reports. We can restore from our archive file.
File menu --> un archive --> point to B147 folder --> ok --> ok.
Rt click on any object in the catalog manager --> click on permissions --> & change whatever way we want --> ok.
Web catalog documentation:
Select catalog Root/main folder --> tools menu --> create report --> select all the columns by pressing shift --> (>) --> ok --> select excel format --> ok --> ok.