- Large scale implementation
- Scopes the entire business
- Data from all subject areas
- Developed incrementally
- Single source of enterprise wide data
- Synchronized enterprise wide data
- Single distribution point to dependent data marts
|What is Enterprise wide Data Warehouse ?|
Data Warehouse Vocabulary
•Grain of Data - Granularity
Grain is defined as the level of detail of data captured in the data warehouse. More the detail, higher the granularity and vice-versa
It is similar to the transaction table in an OLTP system. It stores the facts or measures of the business.
Eg: SALES, ORDERS
It is similar to the master table in an OLTP system. It stores the textual descriptors of the business.
Eg: CUSTOMER, PRODUCT