A category of information.
1. It relates the context of text of information for a fact table measure.
2. Dimension table have Surrogate key, one or more other fields that compose the natural key (nk), primary key and set of Attributes.
3. Size of Dimension Table is smaller than Fact Table.
4. In a schema more than one number of dimensions is presented than Fact Table.
5. Surrogate Key is used to prevent the primary key (pk) violation (to store historical data).
6. Values of fields are in numeric and text representation.