When you develop a mapping, use the following procedure as a guideline:
|Developing Mapping in Informatica|
- Verify that all source, target, and reusable objects are created. Create source and target definitions. If you want to use mapplets, you must create them also. You can create reusable transformations in the Transformation Developer, or you can create them while you develop a mapping.
- Create the mapping. You can create a mapping by dragging a source, target, mapplet, or reusable transformation into the Mapping Designer workspace, or you can choose Mapping-Create from the menu.
- Add sources and targets. Add sources and targets to the mapping.
- Add transformations and transformation logic. Add transformations to the mapping and build transformation logic into the transformation properties.
- Connect the mapping. Connect the mapping objects to create a flow of data from sources to targets, through mapplets and transformations that add, remove, or modify data along this flow.
- Validate the mapping. Validate the mapping to identify connection or transformation errors.