Deployment group is a global object which consists of objects from one or more folders. Deployment group is used to copy objects from one or more folders to another folder or repository. You can create, edit, or delete deployment groups. You can copy a deployment group and the objects in the deployment group to a target repository.
Deployment Group Tasks:
You can do the following tasks when working with deployment groups:
· Create deployment group: You can create a global object for deploying objects from one or more folders.
· Edit deployment group: You can modify a deployment group. You can change the static deployment group to dynamic deployment group and vice versa.
· Configure privileges and permissions: Configure permissions on a deployment group and the privilege to copy a deployment group.
· View the objects in a static or dynamic deployment group: You can preview the objects that the Repository Service will deploy.
· Add or remove objects in a static deployment group: You can specify what objects belong to a static deployment group. You can add or remove the objects from the deployment group.
· Associate a query with a dynamic deployment group: Assign a query to a deployment to dynamically update the objects that the group contains.
· View the history of a deployment group: View the history of a deployment group, including the source and target repositories, deployment date, and user who ran the deployment.
· Post-deployment validation: Validate the objects in the target repository after you copy a deployment group to verify that the objects and dependent objects are valid.
· Roll back a deployment group: You can roll back a deployment group to purge deployed versions of objects from the target repository.